Dixons Carphone plc (referred to using “We”, “Us”, “Our” or the “Company”) is a company registered in England and Wales (company no. 07105905) and is the parent of the Dixons Carphone group of companies (the “Dixons Carphone Group”). Dixons Carphone is Europe's leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, employing over 42,000 people in nine countries. We pride ourselves on giving our customers simple and independent advice on which electronic and technology products are right for them.
Our primary brands are Carphone Warehouse, Currys PC World, Dixons Travel and Team Knowhow.
We’re a company that values our shareholders. The systems used to process and store information in relation to your shareholding are protected to make sure that unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal information, accidental loss, damage to or destruction of personal information doesn’t occur. Only authorised personnel of Dixons Carphone and our assured third-party service providers are given access to personal data, and these colleagues and third-party service providers are required to treat this information as confidential.
In order to manage your shareholding, we will collect and use your personal information such as your name, gender, address, phone number, date of birth, email address and shareholder reference number. We may also collect and use your bank or building society details in order to pay dividends directly into your account.
The situations when you provide personal information could include when you register as a shareholder and when you interact with us in relation to your shareholding with us. This includes when we receive your personal information from third parties, for example through your agent, stock broker or share plan administrator.
It is important to us that the information we hold about you remains accurate and up-to-date at all times, but we need your help in doing this. You can update your contact information and bank details (for receiving dividends) as well as manage any share dealings by contacting Equiniti directly.
To do this, we encourage you to use Equiniti’s portal, Shareview Portfolio (“Shareview”), to manage the information you provide to us. Shareview is a free, easy and secure service that enables you to manage your shareholding online and make use of a range of benefits. Registering for Shareview is very straightforward and is done online via www.shareview.co.uk. Please note that you will need to have your shareholder reference number available and you will need to match your details to those on Equiniti’s records. Alternatively, you can contact Equiniti either by telephone or post by following the procedures detailed in the ‘Contact us’ section below.
We use your personal information (with the support of Equiniti) to:
- Include you on our share register;
- Keep our share register up-to-date (examples include: change of address, change of name, bank mandate details, registration of death, legal document processing, lost certificate notification and (re)issue of share certificates);
- Complete transactions that you instruct us to undertake;
- Allow you to exercise your rights as a shareholder, such as the right to vote at shareholder meetings;
- Contact you with shareholder-related information, including important information about reports, meetings, dividend distributions and shareholder resolutions, including details of our Annual Report and Accounts and Annual General Meetings;
- Enable trading on the London Stock Exchange;
- Retain records of your instructions; and
- Pay dividends and other shareholder payments to you.